Uncertainty looms over the Super 4 matches of the Asia Cup 2023 as bad weather and rain predictions for the next 15 days in Colombo, Sri Lanka, create a challenging situation. Thus, the Asian Cricket Council (ACC) has decided to hold all matches in Colombo despite being aware of potential weather disruptions.
Which teams will play if Asia Cup matches are rained out in Colombo?
In a thrilling match, Pakistan secured a seven-wicket victory over Bangladesh on Wednesday. With this win, Pakistan now has a chance to qualify for the final if the remaining Super 4 matches are affected by rain. Thus, currently holding four points, Pakistan’s fate hangs in the balance as they await the outcome of the weather conditions.
Also, in a potential washout scenario, Sri Lanka and India are in a tight spot, with three points and an identical Net Run Rate. Therefore, to break this deadlock, a coin toss will be conducted to determine the team securing a spot in the final. So, Bangladesh’s chances for the final are in jeopardy as they lose one game in the Super Four. Therefore, in the event of a washed-out final on September 17, the participants will share the trophy.
Remaining Asia Cup 2023 Super 4 matches
- September 9 — Sri Lanka vs. Bangladesh in Colombo at 2:30 pm (PST)
- September 10 — Pakistan vs. India in Colombo at 2:30 pm (PST)
- September 12 — India vs. Sri Lanka in Colombo at 2:30 pm (PST)
- September 14 — Pakistan vs. Sri Lanka in Colombo at 2:30 pm (PST)
- September 15 — India vs. Bangladesh in Colombo at 2:30 pm (PST)
Asia Cup 2023 final
- September 17 — Final in Colombo at 2:30 pm (PST)