Pakistan captain Babar Azam, all-rounder Shadab Khan, and an explosive West Indies wicket-keeper are the August ICC Player of the Month nominees. The nomination was earned by Babar and Shadab’s recent efforts, together with Nicholas Pooran. After scoring 53 and 60 in the three-match series triumph over Afghanistan and 151 in the Asia Cup opener against Nepal last month, Pakistan’s right-hander Babar hopes to become the first men’s cricketer to win three ICC Men’s Player of the Month Awards.
Babar Azam, Shadab Khan nominated for ICC Player of the Month award
In August, Shadab impressed with bat and ball against Afghanistan and Nepal, earning his first Player of the Month nomination. The leg-spinner took 3-42 to complete the whitewash after taking one wicket in the first two matches against Afghanistan. His 4-27 spell in the triumph over Nepal was very good. Pooran is also a candidate with 176 runs in five T20Is against India, helping win a crucial series 3-2.
Pooran was selected Player of the Series and the Islanders’ first Men’s Player of the Month nomination since Gudakesh Motie in February 2023. Three first-time nominees for the ICC Women’s Player of the Month Award are Malaysian Ainna Hamizah Hashim, Irish Arlene Kelly, and Dutch Iris Zwilling. The ICC shortlists three nominees for each category based on monthly performance.
The impartial ICC Voting Academy and fans worldwide vote on the shortlist. Famous cricket journalists, players, broadcasters, and Hall of Famers make up the ICC Voting Academy. Voting Academy members email their votes and hold 90% of the vote. Fans registered with the ICC can vote on the website for the remaining 10%. Every second Monday, ICC’s digital networks reveal winners.