Virat Kohli surprised and saddened his fans as he announced on Saturday his resignment as the national side’s Test captain. No doubt Virat Kohli is an awesome player on India’s cricket team. Also, He is one of the well-known players in the world. Thus, He has made many records and proved himself as the best cricketer. Also, he has done well enough for India cricket as the utmost batsman and team captain. Read out the details about Virat Kohli Lifetime Records, Achievements, Awards down below with us!
Virat Kohli Lifetime Records, Achievements, Awards
Virat Kohli is the iconic performer of India’s cricket team and recently he has stepped back from captaincy. The athlete is one of the prominent professionals in the world. Now it’s time for him to take a breather. We wish him good luck in his future. Here we have gathered his lifetime Records, Achievements, Awards down!
- Most runs in a single IPL season – 973
- First Indian cricketer to cross 10,000 T20 runs
- first-ever player to be part of 50 wins
- Highest ICC rating points (922) in the ICC Player Rankings for Test Batsmen.
- Six double centuries as a captain in test matches.
- Most number of 150+ scores as captain in Tests
- Virat Kohli’s batting record as a Test captain: Innings – 113; Runs – 5,864; Average – 54.80; Hundreds – 20; Fifties – 18.
- Virat Kohli as captain in international cricket: Matches – 213; Won – 135; Runs – 12,883; Average – 59.92; Hundreds – 41.
Most runs in a calendar year/series
- Most ODI runs in a calendar year by an Indian cricketer – 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Highest combined international runs scored in a year by an Indian cricketer – 2818 international runs in 2017
- Second Highest century by an Indian
- Most Test runs in 2018 by any cricketer
- Most ODI runs in 2018 by any cricketer
Virat Kohli Achievement as Skipper | T20I
- Best average(500+ runs) as T20 Skipper – 47.6%
- Virat Kohli holds the second-best win(40+ matches) rate – 66%
- Virat won the T20I series in South Africa, England, New Zealand, and Australia
- India’s longest T20I win-streak as Virat as skipper – 10 matches
Milestones reached by Virat Kohli
- Fastest Indian to reach 1000, 5000, 6000, 7000, 8000, 9000, and 10,000 runs in ODIs
- Fastest Indian and second fastest in the world to reach 10, 15, 20, and 25 centuries in ODIs
- The only batsman in history to average more than 50 in Tests, ODIs, and T20Is simultaneously
- Fastest in the world to reach 30 and 35 centuries in ODIs
- Second fastest in the world to reach 1,000 runs in T20Is
- First Indian cricketer to score three successive centuries in ODIs
- Fastest in the world to reach 15,000 international runs
- Fastest batsman to score 17,000 runs in international cricket (363 innings)
- First batsman to reach 6000 runs in IPL tournament
- Virat Kohli holds the record for the fewest innings(462 innings) to reach 22000 International runs followed by Sachin Tendulkar who took 493 innings to achieve this feat.
- Kohli scored 23000 runs from playing 490 international matches with a 50+ average – the only player to score 20000+ runs with a 50+ average.
- Virat Kohli becomes the first Indian cricketer to cross 10,000 T20 runs.
Virat Kohli Awards
- Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy (ICC Cricketer of the Year): 2017
- ICC ODI Player of the Year: 2012, 2017
- ICC Test Team of the Year: 2017 (captain)
- Padma Shri: 2017
- ICC ODI Team of the Year: 2012, 2014, 2016 (captain), 2017 (captain)
- Arjuna Award: 2013
- Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna: 2018
- Sir Garfield Sobers Award for ICC Men’s Cricketer of the Decade(2010-2020)