Read out the complete details about PCB Awards 2021 Winners List down below with us!
PCB Awards 2021 Winners List
- Impactful performance of the year — Shaheen Shah Afridi
- Emerging Cricketer of the Year — Mohammad Wasim Jnr
- ODI Cricketer of the Year — Babar Azam
- Women’s Cricketer of the Year — Nida Dar
- Test Cricketer of the Year — Hasan Ali
- T20I Cricketer of the Year — Mohammad Rizwan
- Umpire of the Year — Asif Yaqoob
- Domestic Cricketer of the Year — Sahibzada Farhan
- Most Valuable Cricketer of the Year — Mohammad Rizwan
List of winners selected by an independent panel
- Rashid Latif, Marina Iqbal (former international cricketers)
- Tariq Saeed (broadcaster)
- Mazher Arshad (statistician)
- Majid Bhatti, Mohammad Yaqoob, Mohi Shah, Rizwan Ali, Shahid Hashmi, and Sohail Imran (journalist).
PCB Chairman Ramiz Raja said: “On behalf of the PCB, I want to congratulate each award winner. They deserve all the applause and accolades for their tremendous consistency across all formats in difficult times that inspired their sides to outstanding performances throughout 2021, which have been widely acknowledged by the Pakistan cricket fans.”
“I feel humbled and honored to have been adjudged Pakistan’s Most Valuable Cricketer of 2021. This is the PCB’s most prestigious award and to be recognized for my contributions in the team’s superlative performances across all formats in 2021 in such a way gives me tremendous satisfaction and happiness,” Rizwan said.
“I thought I had an exceptional year in the shortest format of the game when I was able to hit a century early in the year against South Africa and then carry that confidence and momentum for the rest of the year. I give a lot of credit to our bowlers who bowled their hearts out and didn’t let the pressure get onto the batters by maintaining sustained pressure on the opponents throughout the year.”
Meanwhile, Hasan Ali said: “Test cricket is the pinnacle format of the game and to be adjudged as the Test Cricketer of the Year is a proud moment for me.”