The International Cricket Council (ICC) released a video of the World Cup ad on Thursday, which was heavily criticized by fans worldwide for various reasons, including the removal of ODI number one batter Babar Azam. The promo starred Indian superstar Shahrukh Khan, as well as Jemimah Rodrigues, defending captain Eoin Morgan, Jonty Rhodes, and Shubman Gill.
‘India Cup’: ICC excludes Babar Azam in World Cup promo
Cricket fans were confused, though, when Babar Azam, the number one ODI player, was not included in the film. Many individuals referred to the ICC World Cup promotion as the “Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) promo” or the “India National Cricket Team’s (ICT) promo.”
Many others remarked on the absence of the Pakistani flag in the video. From October 5 to November 19, ten teams will compete for the elusive title over ten venues, with the tournament opening and final at Ahmedabad’s Narendra Modi Stadium.
Pakistan’s schedule for the ICC World Cup 2023:
- October 6 — vs. Qualifier 1 in Hyderabad
- October 12 — vs. Qualifier 2 in Hyderabad
- October 15 — vs. India in Ahmedabad
- October 20 — vs. Australia in Bengaluru
- October 23 — vs. Afghanistan in Chennai
- October 27 — vs. South Africa in Chennai
- October 31 — vs. Bangladesh in Kolkata
- November 4 — vs. New Zealand Bengaluru
- November 12 — vs. England in Kolkata